This program is designed to provide educational funds for Salvation Army soldiers of the Metropolitan Division. Scholarships are available for studies of all undergraduate work, and master’s level graduate work. Scholarships will be awarded by the Metropolitan Scholarship Committee by August 2019.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY JULY 12, 2019! APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.
Individuals may apply for scholarships in subsequent years, but awards are not guaranteed. No scholarships are made retroactive for past schooling expenses. Funds are limited, and priority will be given to those earning their first degree.
- Applications are submitted to the Corps Officers for endorsement.
- Applications are submitted to the Divisional Youth Secretary for endorsement & submission to the Metropolitan Scholarship Committee. Applications will not be accepted after July 12, 2019.
- The Metropolitan Scholarship Committee reviews all applications & recommends the awards.
- The Divisional Finance Board approves all scholarship applications & authorizes funding.
- Scholarship funds are paid to each recipient in August 2019.
Please review the following eligibility and applications requirements:
- Be a soldier of a Metropolitan Corps.
- Be actively involved in Corps and/or community leadership or volunteer service.
- Be a full time undergraduate/graduate student at an accredited college/university (details above).
- Maintain a minimum undergraduate (C+) 2.5 GPA or a minimum graduate (B) 3.0 GPA in order to be considered for subsequent scholarship awards.
Please submit the following to ensure that your application is reviewed:
- Leadership Scholarship Application
- 3 reference forms
- 250-500 word essay
- Grade Transcript
- Proof of registration (examples: Acceptance Letter, copy of fall class schedule)