This program is designed to provide educational funds for Salvation Army soldiers of the Metropolitan Division who are involved in an accredited college medical program. Scholarships are available for studies of all undergraduate and master’s level graduate medical studies. Scholarships will be awarded by the Metropolitan Scholarship Committee by 2019.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY JULY 12, 2019! APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.
Individuals may apply for scholarships in subsequent years, but awards are not guaranteed. No scholarships are made retroactively for past schooling expenses. Funds are limited, and priority will be given to those earning their first degree.
- Applications are submitted to the Corps Officers for endorsement.
- Applications are submitted to the Divisional Youth Secretary for endorsement & submission to the Metropolitan Scholarship Committee. Applications will not be accepted after July 12, 2019.
- The Metropolitan Scholarship Committee reviews all applications & recommends the awards.
- The Divisional Finance Board approves all scholarship applications & authorizes funding.
- Scholarship funds are paid to each recipient in August 2019.
Please review the following eligibility and applications requirements:
- Be a soldier of a Metropolitan Corps.
- Be actively involved in Corps and/or community leadership or volunteer service.
- Be a full time undergraduate/graduate student at an accredited college/university (details above).
- Be actively pursuing a degree related to the medical field.
Please submit the following to ensure that your applications is reviewed:
- Medical Scholarship Program Application
- 3 reference forms (included in the application)
- 250-500 word essay (see application for guidelines)
- Grade Transcript
- Proof of registration (examples: Acceptance Letter, copy of fall class schedule)